Spiced Sandwich Cookies By Mimi's Cookie Bar
During the summer, we got to visit Mimi's Cookie Bar while traveling in California and interviewing her for the Follow Your Passion Project. You can read her amazing store here. Mimi is an amazing baker and her real specialty is sandwich cookies. We were so excited when she created these Spiced Sandwich Cookies with FROST'D. Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, the perfect indulgence for winter. We've reposted the recipe below, but please check out her website -- she's got two amazing cookbooks on there!
Spiced Sandwich Cookies | Makes 18 Sandwich Cookies
(To make these vegan, try substituting the organic butter for coconut oil and the organic milk for coconut milk)
- 2 sticks (226 g.) organic butter, softened
- 142 g. organic powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 T. organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. organic ginger
- 1 tsp. organic cloves
- 1 tsp. organic cinnamon
- 255 g. organic flour
- 1 Jar Frost'd Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla find here
- 85 g. organic powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 T. organic milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, add butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Mix on low until all ingredients are combined, and there’s no butter chunks.
- Add flour, mix on low until combined.
- On a cookie sheet with parchment paper, start forming your cookie dough balls. When “balling” the cookies, you want your cookie dough balls to be about 2” in diameter and look like a round disk. Space them at least 1” apart, they will spread a little when baking.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 13 minutes.
- Once the cookies have cooled, turn over every other cookie to make pairs.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, add the Frost'd, powdered sugar and milk. Mix on low until all ingredients are combined, then speed mixer up to high for 1 minute or until light and fluffy.
- Put frosting in a piping bag with decorating tip #846.
- Pipe frosting onto all the turned over cookies, sandwich cookies together.
- Eat cookies!
- Store in a cookie jar.
Mammoth Lakes - bake at 350 for 11 minutes